Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fibre Fest

I am the proud owner of more stash.

I found some:

lovely hand-dyed (many different blues) wool - 1200 metres.
shiny, smooth variegated green 100% rayon - 600 yds
muted maroon 100% cotton - 3200 yds

Heidi came with me, bringing baby Hadrian - he was the hit of the party, as always. We managed to spend five hours there. It wasn't a huge place, but there was lots for fibre addicts like us to look at. We each tried spinning on a wheel, then tried to come up with justification for having to buy one.

There were llamas and goats there to see but I would have preferred that they weren't. The smell was quite strong throughout the big room but most especially by the animal enclosures.

People were very friendly and willing to demonstrate or let us try things. Heidi and I had a great time.

No comments: