Monday, April 14, 2008

Grad

My daughter's grad is on May 31. A while ago I think I posted that I found some yarn in the same colour as her dress - 80% off!

I can't remember how many things I cast on and then frogged - a simple thin, lace shawl, a shrug, variations on the same. But I was never satisfied.

Finally, I was browsing on Ravelry and saw this:




Capelette by Be Sweet. I saw photos of people wearing it and it seemed to me to be just the right thing. Was that stockinette stitch, reversed every, what... 5 rows to create ridges? Looked like it to me. Did I need a pattern for that? I'd have to upsize it to 2X anyway. I guessed at the number of stitches. I was wrong the first time but the second time it was just right. 140 stitches does it.


I knit it on 6mm needles, I think at a gauge of 3.5 stitches per inch. I made 8 ridges. This is how it turned out (I added a brooch at the rosette):


Love it! She loves it! Mmm Hmm.

No comments: