Thursday, November 8, 2007

So Much Yarn In So Little Time

I'm feeling a little guilty. I have so many yarn-related activities planned that I maaaaay be neglecting my family just a little bit. I know, it's that work thing; that's the culprit. Last week when I was off it was fine. I could cram a few yarny things into the day when school was happening and still be there at night. But now....

Tonight there's a Coquitlam spinners' and weavers' guild open house - I get to have my second attempt at spinning, and my friend Heidi wants to come with me! Sunday there's a meetup of Ravelry people at a Vancouver coffee shop. That's after Tuesday night's knit night. I was away from home Monday night at a business meeting for work, but if not for that I would have been at Ikea for knit night. Well, I guess I was here last night, but I had to miss my son's band concert because I had to work on the newsletter I edit (I had neglected it for knitting, too). Can I cram quality time into Friday and Saturday? Maybe... if there's no knitting activity I can be strong. I know I can.

So what am I knitting these days? I have been completely consumed - aside from work and newsletter and perhaps a couple of TV shows (Dancing with the Stars and America's Next Top Model -not my fault!!! My daughter watches and I've become addicted!), I have been knitting bags to felt to Christmas presents. They go pretty quickly. I'm doing about 6 and I've got 3 or 4 knitted up. All I have to do with them now is weave in the ends, sew the hole up on the bottom and felt them. I'm quite liking felting.

No comments: